1. SCRUB. Start with a scrub that is used one to two times weekly to exfoliate the skin. Tess Morgan recommends the following options:
a) Refining Creme Polish by Laura Mercier
2. TONER. Tess Morgan recommends one that contains glycolic or salicylic acid and LOW alcohol content. Use this after washing your face.
3. MOISTURIZER OR SERUM with hyaluronic acid. Use this following toner.
b) Tata Harper Beautifying Face Oil This is a higher dollar option at $98 per bottle, but is long lasting.
c) Herbivore Face Oil Herbivore brand carries a variety of oils for different skin types.
4. EYE CREAM. Apply after applying moisturizer.
c) A good choice for younger skin is Belif Moisturizing Eye Bomb.
5. PRIMER. To create a smooth finish before applying makeup foundation.
a) Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Hydrating This is a good hydrating primer.
b) For those who struggle with visible pores, pore filling primer options include Elf Poreless Putty Primer (low cost option) or Tatcha The Silk Canvas Filter Finish Protective Primer (high end option).
Light Coverage Foundations
Tinted moisturizer. This has less coverage but is fast and easy. Tess recommends one with SPF.
Medium Coverage Foundation:
IT Cosmetics CC (color correcting) Cream Illumination SPF 50 Tess LOVES this illuminating foundation.
Heaviest Coverage Foundations:
a) Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Liquid Foundation. Tess says this provides a radiant finish and photographs well.
b) Tom Ford Traceless Stick Foundation. Pricey but will last a long time.
c) L’oreal Pro Glow or Pro Matte. These are low cost, excellent options. Choose Pro Glow for a dewy look and Pro Matte for a matte finish.
When choosing a concealer, choose one that is one to two shades lighter than your foundation.
Higher End Options:
a) Tarte Cosmetics Concealer. Several options are available including hydrating and creaseless.
Cost Effective Options:
a) Elf 16hr Camo Concealer At $6, this is a low cost dupe for Tarth Cosmetics’ Shape Tape Concealer.
b) Maybelline Instant Age Rewind® Eraser Dark Circles Concealer. This is a $9.99 dupe for Nars Cosmetics Concealer.
More to come on future episodes of Sweaty & Pissed: Menopause and More. Make sure to visit Tess on Instagram @poutbytesslucille.